maandag 17 januari 2011

Coffee Art

"Beauty hides in the smallest corners"
Life always has ways to surprise us: an unexpected smile, a good grade at school when you thought you were doomed to fail, a sunny day after weeks of rain, a promotion at your job, the Italian bus arriving on time, a helping hand when you have your own full of grocery bags... Yes, beauty lies in the smallest of things and I was extremely pleased when I found out it was hiding in my favourite cup of Capuccino or Macchiato!

The Italians didn't just get the fame of coffee-culture thrown in their laps, they earned it! Firenze has stolen my heart, but I seem to have a bigger heart than I thought I did as it is stealing more pieces every single day. The last one I lost here was in my Capuccino...

On a sunny winterday I treated myself to a lovely cup of coffee in the most amazing bar in the heart of Firenze.
Looking out on the Duomo and being served by elegantly dressed, typical Italian 'baristi' I received the most stunning cup of macchiato. Still in Christmas spirit, the 'barista' revealed himself a true Da Vinci and presented me the most darling little cup of macchiato. The perfect combination of coffee with a bit of creamy milk on top and all of that loveliness topped of with a little chocolate snowman... What is not to love?!

Being the critical consumer we all are they days (after watching way too many cooking shows on reality tv...), I wanted to see if the bartender just had a lucky day or was really thé master of coffee-making. So I dared to go back to that same bar the next day and then and there life offered me one of its nice surprises: the barista made me an even more beautiful capuccino! A perfectly made coffee decorated with an amazing looking flower. Brown, white and red, I never knew a coffee could have so many colours... 'Bravo' I would say!

I guess it just shows life doesn't always have to be too serious and small details and surprises can fill our hearts with joy!
If the coffee doesn't give us the energy we need, at least the smile we had on our face receiving our own personalized coffee and destroying it with our own mouths will have done the trick!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten